Substance Abuse and Detox
Professional addiction consultation services are available for those with a history of addiction or ongoing substance abuse issues. Our licensed professionals provide recovery support services and consult with individuals to identify the disease of addiction and recommend an addiction-specific treatment plan that’s right for you.
Substance Abuse Conditions We Treat
- Alcohol dependence
- Crystal Methamphetamine
- Maternal addiction to drugs and/or alcohol
- Opiates and Oxycontin
- Pain killers
- Spice (Synthetic Marijuana)
Inpatient Detoxification (Memorial Medical Detoxification)
The Memorial Medical Detoxification Program at Memorial Hospital Pembroke is one of the only hospital-based programs in South Florida that provides inpatient care for adults who are currently using or experiencing acute withdrawal symptoms from alcohol, prescription medications, benzodiazepines, and opiates. During your hospital stay, which usually lasts from 5 to 7 days, our goal is to reduce your acute withdrawal symptoms during detox while keeping you safe. Your time with us will include:
- Stabilization of your medical condition and 24-hour monitoring
- Development of a personalized treatment plan
- Ongoing support from medical staff, who are trained and equipped to treat addiction and related mental and physical health conditions
- Access to the latest anti-addiction medications to minimize cravings
- One-on-one counseling to manage the psychiatric consutls as needed
- Private room with access to movies, books and more
Outpatient Detoxification (SHARE Program)
The SHARE Outpatient Detoxification Program addresses physiological and psychological dependency issues and allows you to undergo outpatient detoxification. On the first visit, you will meet with a licensed clinician who will initiate a comprehensive assessment and plan. The next visit is with a psychiatrist board certified in addiction medicine. After this evaluation, the detoxification plan with standardized and individualized medical protocols is implemented.
Treatment typically lasts two to three weeks. Complicated cases may require more time.
We offer detox from the following substances:
- Opioids (including pain killers and heroin)
- Sedatives (e.g. xanax, valium)
This is a comprehensive program that includes:
- Medical evaluation
- Group and individual therapies
- Toxicology screening
- Recovery support
Psychiatric medication management and follow-up is available also.